Sunday, October 19, 2008

WHA?

Do you see cute gourds painted like pumpkins with little ghosts on top? Well, that's not what one little old lady saw when she looked at them.


My friend, Bellasera, and I were having lunch at the Crystal Springs Flower Show yesterday. Bellasera had bought a cute little painted pumpkin (actually, I think it's the one on the far left in the pic) and I made a picture of this little grouping.


The ladies at the table were admiring B's pumpkin so I pulled this pic up on my camera to show them. One of the ladies said "looks like Ku Klux Klan on top" or something to that effect. I'm not sure her exact words since my brain froze when she said KKK.


WHA??? How in the world would ANYONE's mind go to the KKK when looking at a cute gourd painted like a pumkin with a ghost on top? It just blew me away.


Anyway, I had a great time seeing my parents and Crystalbutterfly, and meeting Bellasera, clstigger and mickeymouselover for the first time. The flowers were absolutely beautiful, as was the weather.


Bellasera and I weren't really sure how to react to the lady's comment. Maybe she has some memory that I can't even comprehend. Hell, I don't WANT to comprehend it. Bless her heart.



3 comments:

tank said...

I saw these yesterday!

dhcoop said...

I'm sorry we missed meeting you tank!

Jen said...

Those are cute & I could see the sheet on the head thing going on.. BUT STILL! I can't believe she was brave enough to say that. Then again, I think of my grandmother & she would probably say something like that & think nothing of it. Older people are like that.

I hope you had a good time. Hate I missed it.