Saturday, October 25, 2008

Photography at 50


I wondered what would happen if I took a picture going up the Natchez Trace at 50 miles an hour with the window rolled down. This is the result. It is an area of the Trace that is a swampy area where I believe a tornado went through a few years ago and I've always found the trees to be interesting looking. My analysis is that it would be best to come to a complete stop before taking a shot.
The drive up to KO was absolutely beautiful this morning. There were several times I wanted to stop and take pictures, but didn't. I was facinated by the steam coming off the big rolls of hay in the fields; the red tints on the east side of the cypress trees near the reservoir; the lone great blue heron squatting in the shallows of the water. All were beautiful, but for now, are pictures in my mind.

2 comments:

tank said...

I read the title and was thinking...coop hasn't turned 50 yet. Ha!

Anonymous said...

I really thought you were talking about your age!!! hahahaha