Thursday, October 30, 2008

If I were a lizard...



...I'd want to live here.

We have a flower bed outside my office that is absolutely bursting with colors. Over the summer, I have watched the lizards hoping through the leaves and blossoms, happily munching on insects.

I've often looked into the flower bed and watched a tiny lizard jump from one plant to another, grab a tiny insect and munch it down. I got to thinking what an amazing place this must seem to such a tiny creature.

I mean, seriously, how cool would it be to come out of your tiny little egg and find yourself in an awesome, flower-filled jungle, with very little chance of a predator finding you and making lunch out of you?

No cats around to bite your tail off. No real competition for food other than your little brother and sister lizards. You'd have it made!




Then, I get to thinking, how weird is it that I think about what a lizard feels and thinks? Is it strange to apply human thoughts and feelings to a tiny little amphibian? Maybe. But it is who I am and what I do. Some people find God in church and in other things. I see God in every blossom in the bed. In every little lizard that hops freely between the plants, living his ultra secure life in such a beautiful place.


Quite frankly, I think more people should take the time to do a little lizard watching. Maybe they would appreciate God's work just a little bit more.




2 comments:

tank said...

A lizard, so tiny yet so intricate. That's what I call intelligent design. Only God could do such.

dhcoop said...

Absolutely.