Monday, October 20, 2008

The Frog Farm



One of the highlights of my visit to the Crystal Springs Fall Flower Show Saturday, in addition to seeing several MRBA, was finding a little booth marked Frog Farm. There was a really nice lady there that handed me a card describing "Frog Farm Collection"


"Finely sculptured by hand one at a time, each piece is a true work of art and one of lasting delight. But art is a very personal thing, so, at the Frog Farm Studio/Garden, we make many colors and three sizes available for your specific taste. That way, every folk art sulpture is an original piece created for you. For a look, come to: The Frog Farm Sculpture Garden, where frogs, other amphibians, birds, and reptiles frolic. Located in: Historic Harriston, 186 Old Highway 61, 2.5 miles off Highway 61 South, Harriston, MS 601-786-6448"

She also had a photo album of this place and there were some really cool extra large sculptures of frogs, snakes, birds, etc. I think it would be worth a road trip some day.

This little bugger caught my eye and I had to have it:

I think he looks really cute sitting amongst some bird sculptures I have (and right next to the oil lamp I bought from Watercolor's father at Chimneyville last year)


I love frogs, but don't actually "collect" them, although I do have friends occasionally give me frog things. This is just a piece of frog art that I found cute and I wanted it. It'll be a reminder of a beautiful day when I got to meet new friends and enjoy this incredible weather.





3 comments:

Forcedtoretirelegaleagle said...

I love your selection, Coop! He is adorable. I "collect" frogs and turtles and lighthouses. My husband found a pair of ceramic frogs at a garage sale a long time ago that he talked the owner into selling. The male and female frogs are wearing bikinis.

tank said...

I have a lot of frogs, mainly yard art, but dare not say I COLLECT them. I made that mistake with pigs years ago and every gift I got was a pig. I soon got tired of pigs...but still got pig gifts.

Jen said...

I love the frog, he fits in with the collection just finE! :)