Friday, February 27, 2009

CT is back!!!

CT stands for "Crooked Tail". We watched this particular lizard all last year and have been wondering if he had left us. Cornpop and I were outside just now and she looked into the top of a nandina and said "Well looky here". I said, is it CT?? and she said she couldn't see his tail well enough. I leaned over the rail and YES! It's him!


Now, I know y'all think I'm nuts for naming lizards, bees, etc., but that's just me. The interesting thing about this particular lizard, and why we are able to identify him is the very end of his tail has a crook in it.



I kept thinking that during a molt, maybe it would straighten out, but it never did. We watched him grow up last year and he's considerably larger now.


We are happy to have the little feller back!


1 comment:

AmyAnne said...

Well hello CT.

We live in the land of lizards. We have a courtyard that leads to the front door and gets straight sun all day. We have watched many hours worth of lizard standoffs, lizard dances, baby lizards and big fat lizards live their lives out there.

I also like the lizards.