Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Wisteria

Wisteria, did you change your face again?


Those of us who loved you when, can't even find you.






Wisteria, did you lose another man?








Did you make him understand that he can't touch you?













Wisteria, did he take you to the fair?







Were the folks that you met there the same that we met?



Wisteria, did he teach you how to dance?





Did he bring you paper fans to hide your secret?



Was he just like all the rest when he got to the sad part?





Did he stay a bit too long to save his heart?



Wisteria, are your lips still lily white?


Do they still bloom just at night and die at sunrise?






Rest in Peace Dan Fogelberg

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Saw Dan in concert 3 times. I loved him. Thanks for the memory.

Mrs.H said...

That is my all time favorite song by him. I own the album and for a long time didn't have a turntable to play it on. I downloaded just that one song and put it on my mp3 player because I couldn't stand not listening to it when I needed to.

Thanks, Lady.

AmyAnne said...

That is a song? It is also beautiful as a poem.

Thanks for making me slow down and read that. I'm breathing normally again.

Your pictures are so beautiful.

dhcoop said...

Yes, AmyAnne, it is a beautiful song that was sung by Dan Fogelberg. You should listen to it. I think you'd like it. Glad you like the pics!

dhcoop said...

Here is the song, done with someone's photo collage, but it's the real song from his Home Free album
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-GtBjND0dE4

parrotmom said...

I like his songs, but have never heard this one.

dancing_shoes said...

AmyAnn, if you get the opportunity to read more of Dan's lyrics you'll realize just how much of a poet the man was. God also blessed him with the talent to putting beautiful music to his lyrics.

tank said...

I've been trying to think of my favorite Fogelberg song since yesterday. I can't. There are too many. We had all his albums...Captured Angel, Netherlands, Twin Sons of Different Mothers. Souvenirs, Longer, Captured Angel, Man in the Mirror are just a few fav songs. I had the pleasure of seeing him twice in concert. Amazing talent.