Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Recognize this face?

Of course you do! This is the infamous Charlie Daniels. I saw him at the Pearl River Resort last Saturday night. He puts on an awesome show!










I managed to get real close during the finale, which of course was "Devil Went Down to Georgia". But it's REALLY hard to get a picture of his actual face. Most pictures you see of him are exactly this. Head down, hat prominent, but you always know who it is. At one point, I did manage to catch him in profile while playing towards his guitarist.

He absolutely still rocks! He is an incredibly patriotic man, proud to be a redneck American. He brought me to tears more than once. When he played a tribute to our troops and I was sitting next to my nephew who is in the Air Force, I was bursting with pride. When he did How Great Thou Art in his very own special way, tears were streaming down my cheeks. Just thinking about it now brings tears to my eyes.
He may be in his 70s, but he never stopped, for over an hour and a half. Absolutely fabulous show. If you ever get a chance to go see him, do it. It's worth it. He is a true American treasure.







2 comments:

AmyAnne said...

But did you chuck your bra at him?! Now THAT would be patriotic!!

parrotmom said...

I saw him several years ago at the coliseum. he is fantastic.