Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Peep-Eye

Ok, so my landlord needs to powerwash the side of my house.

That said, I wanted to share what I see pretty much every morning as I'm leaving. My Scooter baby lays on the table inside and props her head on the catdoor and looks out. She starts this usually as I'm finishing getting ready for work and is still doing it when I leave.

Yes, when it's 30 degrees outside and she's laying there with the window propped open on her head, she's letting heat out and cold in. Do I stop her? No. Is she spoiled? What do you think?!?


I showed this picture to my co-workers and one of them commented "Looks like, oh boy, she’s gone, now we can rumble." That may very well be what she's thinking. Maybe she's the designated lookout to make sure I'm gone. This morning I had to ride down to my landlord's place to drop off my rent check. When I drove back past my house, she was still laying there. I guess to make sure I was for real leaving.


After looking at this picture I decided that this spring, after it warms up, I want to paint some kind of mural on the board that their door is mounted in. I don't know what it will be yet, but I think it would be fun to have something painted there. Maybe some greenery or something.


Any suggestions?

7 comments:

tank said...

Paint a giant rat on there.

crystalbutterfly said...

paint it to look like kitty is looking out of a cave.

Ann Onimous said...

Expanding on tank's suggestion:

A mouse hole. Paint a mouse where it looks like the mouse is going into the hole. Paint a terrified/surprised look on the mouse's face.

AmyAnne said...

I have kids so I immediately pictured a jazz scene out of the Aristocats.

You make me want to find another feline friend. I miss my cats a lot. It's just that the coyotes are rampant here (they took our buddies when we first moved here) so they would have to be indoor only. So that means cat box and screaming at the kids to keep the door shut and feeling guilty because the poor thing never gets to feel grass under it paws. Ok. I'm over it. I'll just visit you and lay under your trees and pet your cats. Sound good?

dhcoop said...

I have plenty of cats AND trees. You'd be welcome!

CluckyRN said...

That is a great story, coop! Love the pic!!!

I arrived home this evening to find one of my girls *getting her air filters changed*...So, I guess by the first of June, we will be having kittens again.

At least SOMEBODY's getting their AF's cleaned. Hummmph.

dhcoop said...

Oh no! I just hope I can catch Tammy Faye and Junior before they get their AF's changed. I think Magma is a boy, but I'm not sure. Bruno is and is going to get "fixed up" as soon as I'm walking again after my surgery, He's about due.

I like the idea of a combination of the suggestions for the cat door. I think I'm going with a rat on one side holding a sledge hammer up over the door, and a mouse on the other side looking smug. With some greenery thrown in, of course! LOL! :)