Monday, January 19, 2009

Mother, Mother, Pine Tree

I had a wonderful experience yesterday with my Dad. He drove me all over his property on the back of his 4 wheeler. He was showing me how his pine trees are growing and all of the places that the deer are crossing. He showed me his "blinds" where he goes to sit and watch for deer and told me of the experiences he's had sitting there watching.


No, he hasn't killed a deer in years, but just being out there means something to him. And it meant something to me experiencing it with him.


This huge pine tree is on one part of his property and I'm sorry I didn't get a better picture of the pine forest she has created for him. But, suffice it to say that she has been prolific. Once an area that we used to go and fish in a little pond filled with catfish, is now a magnificent pine forest, all because of this mother pine. She has done well for him.


All I know is that it meant a lot for me, a woman approaching her half-century mark, riding on the back of a 4-wheeler with her Dad, who was proudly pointing out the places that the deer are crossing, and the pines are growing.

It was a great day.

1 comment:

tank said...

That does it. I'm signing you up for eharmony right now.