Friday, January 23, 2009

Contrails of Life

As I was driving in to work this morning, I noticed the sky was filled with contrails. There were no real clouds, just contrails. That's the trails of condensation left by passing aircraft.





I don't think that there are that many planes actually leaving from or coming to Jackson, but clearly, there is a lot of traffic OVER Jackson.


I'm sure it's like this all the time, but when the air is as clear as it is, temps on the ground are somewhat warm, and the air in the sky is much cooler, you get to really see them. It's like an entire highway in the sky.

They start out as thin streams behind the aircraft, then they gradually disperse into wider and wider lines until they begin to look like big long clouds. Actually, I guess they are really big long clouds, just man-made.

They criss-cross and form unintentional patterns all over the blue sky, until they all blend together into whiteness.

Seems to me like a lot of people are pushing along thru life, sometimes crossing the paths of others, sometimes causing an effect, sometimes not. When it comes down to it, though, it's all blended together in the end.

No comments: