Saturday, January 24, 2009

Harmony at Home

Well, I guess Tank is REALLY going to sign me up for eharmony when she sees this, but that's okay.


I get picked on a LOT about being the cat lady since I seem to be constantly taking pictures of my kittiekids and posting them on my blog...but that's okay too. I love my kitties and am proud to show them off.


Now, for the story here...It is HIGHLY unusual for Gracie to get in my lap. I can pick Ringo up and throw him over my shoulder, put him in my lap, hug him, whatever... Gracie, on the other hand, is NOT a lap kittie. She's usually in her basket or outside. She's her own cat. If you have cats, you know what I'm talking about. If you don't have cats, well, you are missing something. I'm just sayin...

Anyway, Gracie decided this morning to get in my lap. Since it is such a rare thing, I sure wasn't going to get up and disturb her. Well, what do you know, Scooter (my adopted deaf baby) decided to join us. I was SURE Gracie would bolt. She tolerates Scooter, but normally doesn't really allow her to be in her "space", although she has gotten a lot more friendly than she used to be. I managed to reach over and grab my camera out of my purse and began to take pictures.

Scooter was working HARD on bathing Gracie's ears and the top of her head, and her face, well, you get the picture...

















They then fell asleep together, in my lap, for the first time.


Ok. So I know I take a lot of pictures of my kittiekids, and I know my life seems to revolve around them, but they give me great pleasure. I had a sense of joy this morning when my two little girls were lying there together as they never had before.
Sometimes in life you just have to learn to appreciate the little things that bring you pleasure. In my case, it happens to be my kittiekids. And having harmony in my home.

3 comments:

Mrs.H said...

I'm waiting on Mrs. Jones and Grisabella to make that move to harmony. waiting....waiting......

Jen said...

aw that's very sweet :) I was told that the animal cleaning the other one is the more dominant animal. Especially in cats. HOW WEIRD IS THAT! Delta, the white lab pup does it to Dutch. She is the more aggressive one so it make sense. BUT, he licks the cat. Weird! haha

Those are good pics. Im glad the camera was near you!

tank said...

Coop. Coop. Coop. I am at a loss for words.