Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Paradise Lost...

Lizard paradise, anyway...


Overnight, the lush, beautiful jungle inhabited by a number of anoles has been transformed into a somewhat bleak place with a few scraggly pansies.


Yes, I know that at some point over the winter, the pansies will fill out and be pretty, but in the meantime, I can't help but be a little sad for the little lizards who lost their beautiful home.


I think it was too soon to dismantle the flower bed, but apparently our landscaper felt differently. So we've gone from this:














To this:

Kinda sucks, don'cha think?

2 comments:

Mrs.H said...

I wonder where the lizards went: are they still there under the straw or in the back of a truck full of their old home?

dhcoop said...

I don't know, but I haven't seen any yet. I'm hoping they bailed out and hid while he did the deed and are somewhere safe.