Saturday, October 17, 2009

Crystal Springs Fall Flower Show



Every year I like to try to visit the Fall Flower Show at the Mississippi State Truck Crop Experiment Station in Crystal Springs.


This year was no exception. An added bonus was that I got to see some of my MRBA family.



As usual, there were lots of stunning flower displays:






























It's hard to get a feel from this pic, but these angel trumpet blooms were almost a foot long:














And some humongous cabbages and other veggies:
















Norman Winter was there:





You can't see it in the pic, but his name tag said "Norman Winter".









Oh, and yes, there were more KKK pumpkins. If you don't get it, check out the blog from last year: http://dhcoop.blogspot.com/2008/10/wha.html
















It was very brisk (actually it was pretty darn cold and windy) but I came away with my 10 lb box of Vardaman sweet potatoes and some pretty pics.

Looking forward to next year!

4 comments:

Bob Everett said...

Nice pics. I bet it was a pretty sight.

Mrs.H said...

I love the arch. What is it covered with?

dhcoop said...

That is Hyacinth Bean.

AmyAnne said...

Nice. I should find a show like that. Do they talk to you and teach you the names of things? Or how about you take a So Cal vacation and tell me what's growing in my yard? Well, I should say what's surviving. I'll totally supply the margaritas ;-)