Saturday, September 26, 2009

Get it OFF me!!!


If you've been following me at all, you already know that I'm nuts about critters. Well, meet Joe.

Joe in the process of removing his little sweater.


We have anoles everywhere at the office, and there are a few that we've named. I'm not quite suire why we named this one Joe, but he's a big boy. A good bit bigger than CT (the crooked tail one), and still growing. Obviously. The other day I caught him in the midst of a big time molt and got some great shots.

















He was girating and squirming and bobbing up and down, trying really hard to take his little white sweater off.



Bless his heart.


I was wishing I could reach over and help him.










I could tell that he was really irritated with the whole business, but it's a natural part of his growth. He doesn't have any choice.


Finally, he decided to head into the holly. I'm sure that running around in prickly leaves would help him in his process. I've seen them molting before, but this was the first time I had ever gotten such good pictures of it.


3 comments:

lisa.vanv@yahoo.com said...

oh wow, those were good pics. i got to tell jazz what was happening. you should submit those pics to some science textbook people.

tank said...

That's neat. I've never seen one in the process.

parrotmom said...

those were some awesome pictures. Just took being at the right place and the right tim.