Sunday, May 17, 2009

When kneecaps misbehave...

It ain't pretty. Yes, this is an actual picture of what my knee looked like within a few hours after the "incident"


Do you know what it's like to be walking along, I'll admit walking at a brisk pace, but nothing out of the ordinary, and suddenly, without warning, your knee just absolutely gives way? You have no knee. It doesn't exist. Well, let me tell you what happens. You end up on the floor. Crying (or cussing as was the case with me). Yelling "OMG MY F$#$ING KNEECAP JUST FELL OFF AGAIN!!!" or something to that effect.

At first, it doesn't really HURT per se... The nausea factor kicks in a bit when you realize that you've just grabbed a piece of falling body part and put it back where it belongs. Then the fun begins. This one was taken a short time after the "incident".
Then a short time later... it grows...
So anyway, to make a long story shorter, afterward you are writhing in pain and it looks like the pic that I posted at the top of this post.


I took this just a few minutes ago. This is what it looks like right now. I just removed the brace and wraps and you can see that the swelling has now dispersed itself throughout the whole area. Which is a good thing. Being an expert on this subject (since this is the THIRD time this has happened to this knee! ) I know what to expect.


I'll spare you the remaining pics, but suffice it to say, this really stinks. It means I'm back on ice packs and wraps and weeks of braces and a crutch.

Are we having fun yet?!?! LOL!!

3 comments:

tank said...

Ouch. Sorry.

Jen said...

ouch. I have been there and done that, twice in high school during dance. OMG! It is AWFUL! I hope it gets better soon.

AmyAnne said...

Ouch. Is putting it mildly, no?

I'd have to slam my hand in the car door to get my mind off of the fact that my kneecap just fell off.

Maybe you can just drink a lot. Does alcohol bring down swelling? Good lord woman. I'd be bringing you food if I was close enough. Hope it gets better real fast.