Tuesday, April 7, 2009

MOM, She's Looking at Me!!!

That's my big problem at the house right now. Scooter seems to take GREAT pleasure in pestering Gracie simply by looking at her.



You can remember pestering a sibling by just threatening to touch them, right?? Just staring at them?? Then it was "MOMMMM!!! She's staring at me!!" or "MOMMMM! She's touching me!" It's a wonder our Mom's didn't just say "SO WHAT! DEAL WITH IT!"


Wait a minute. Maybe she DID say that!


Anyway, Gracie gets all settled in her basket and suddenly Scooter jumps up in the chair and starts looking at her!

Gracie growls, which gets my attention, since I'm right behind her, and I grab the camera and it's ON!

Scooter puts her paw up on Gracie's bar and moves a little closer.




Scooter never actually TOUCHES Gracie, she's just staring at her.


Then she moves a little closer.


By this time, Gracie's ears are back and she's growling steady.


Now, keep in mind I'm steadily telling Scooter "NO!", like that does a bit of good since she's as deaf as a stump. She's completely ignoring my hand signal, which is shaking my finger in front of her. She is, very simply, being the pesky little sister.



When Scooter raises up and begins looking down on Gracie with her ears back, it's just too much. Gracie FLIES from the basket over to the buffet with Scooter right behind.



Gracie gives a warning hiss, but Scooter keeps on staring at her.

This goes on for a few minutes until Scooter sees something that distracts her, or gets bored with the game, or whatever, but she finally leaves Gracie alone. Gracie piles up in her "other" basket and glares at me, once again, for adopting this vexing little kitty.


The funny thing is, these girls eat from the same plate, have slept together, bathed each other, etc.
Sisters. Love 'em. Hate 'em. Still family.

2 comments:

parrotmom said...

That is so funny. Animals are alot like humans. Or is it humans are like animals?

AmyAnne said...

You are just as mesmerized by the antics as I am. I watch this unfold with my kids all the time. I KNOW where it is heading, I KNOW someone is going to scream or cry or both, but it's better than TV I tell ya! And what adds to it is the predictability...I can call it blow by blow as it unfolds.

Highly entertaining in a sick and twisted way.