Sunday, December 21, 2008

Precarious Position

Ever feel like that? Like you are in a precarious position?


Webster's definition or precarious:


pre-car-i-ous -adjective
1. dependent on circumstances beyond one's control; uncertain; unstable; insecure: a precarious livelihood.
2. dependent on the will or pleasure of another; liable to be withdrawn or lost at the will of another: He held a precarious tenure under an arbitrary administration.
3. exposed to or involving danger; dangerous; perilous; risky: the precarious life of an underseas diver.
4. having insufficient, little, or no foundation: a precarious assumption.



Precarious. I think I'm feeling like that right now. I have several other friends that are feeling the same way. I think of Ben, Jen, Chase, JB, and many others, all dealing with life issues that fit within this definition.


Gracie, bless her heart, doesn't seem to know that her basket could fall at any minute. She's completely content, unaware that she's on the verge, the very precipice. No, all is well in her little world. But, in fact, she's in quite a precarious position. And oblivious to it.

You know, I think that those of us that are feeling like we are in a precarious position, would probably much prefer to be completely oblivious of it. I envy Gracie right now.

4 comments:

tank said...

Precarious indeed. I think we all feel that way in these hard economic times.

Supermom said...

love that picture!

Confessions of A Mississippi Mom said...

I love the new background... and I totally know whatcha mean... It's been hard this year more then in the past.. praying it gets better

Jen said...

Very good word for the way its been for me lately. :) Thanks coop, I havent thought of it that way. Now, how in the heck did Gracie get in that basket like that?! haha I love the picture!